Ophea is excited to support quality implementation of the Health and Physical Education (H&PE) Curriculum: Grades 9-12.
Ophea's H&PE Secondary Resources support teachers in helping students acquire the physical and health literacy skills needed to thrive in the 21st century and lead a healthy, active life.
The comprehensive resources include 7 interconnected yet standalone components that provide adaptable content to address diverse contexts, and student needs/interests, and include:
- Effective Planning in H&PE
- Teaching Games for Understanding (TGfU) Sample Unit Plans
- Movement Competence Posters
- Approaches to Teaching Healthy Living: A Guide for Secondary Educators
- Focus Course Planning Guide
- Assessment and Evaluation Tools
- Outdoor Education Toolkit
To access Ophea’s H&PE Secondary Resources you must be from an:
- Ontario publicly-funded school board that has purchased an annual Ophea school board membership
- Independent/private school that has purchased an annual school subscription to the resources
- Ontario public health units
- Faculty of Educations that have purchased access
If you are a part of an organization that has purchased access to this resource and already have an ophea.net account, just ensure that your profile information is up-to-date. The system will grant you access based on your profile.
To find out if your school board or organization has access, and for more information on how to login or to purchase access, visit the FAQ page.