Gender-Based Violence Prevention Education Resources has been developed to increase educators’ understanding of what is gender-based violence and harassment and to raise awareness of how they can be prevented through early education and honest classroom conversations.
Gender-Based Violence Prevention Education Resources aim to:
- Develop the confidence and capacity of educators to be role models in building safe and positive spaces in their school communities; and
- Increase the awareness and understanding of educators of key topics including gender-based violence, harassment, consent, healthy relationships, and systems of power that enable violence and discrimination.
The Gender-Based Violence Prevention Education Resources are based on the Draw-The-Line campaign and would not be possible without support from our partners:
- Action ontarienne contre la violence faite aux femmes
- Egale Canada Human Rights Trust
- Ontario Coalition of Rape Crisis Centres
- White Ribbon
In 2017, Ophea recorded webinars with some of our partners. Go to Ophea’s YouTube Channel to watch their presentations.
Gender-Based Violence Prevention Education Resources is funded by the Government of Ontario.